Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Update

Rehearsals have been going really well lately. We're getting the next set of songs for recording ready, but we're also writing some new material as well. We've written one just recently called "What We Deserved All Along" that we're digging quite a bit, and personally I can't wait to play it live. It's slower and less venomous than our usual fare, so it might sound pretty different on first listen. But we go nuts and rock out toward the end of it, have no fear.

Maybe I've mentioned this before, but we're shooting for a September release for the new record. That keeps seeming really far away to me, but I've witnessed in the past with our two EP's how long the art, promotion, etc. tends to take.

We're ramping up our pursuit of a label. We really want to be on a decent label that will treat us right, so we're hitting up some of our contacts in the business and sending copies of our new demo around. Anyone who can help us out on this, all assistance is much appreciated.

I'm also working on booking, but I haven't had as much time as I've wanted lately. I think starting this week this will be more my focus, and hopefully we'll have some new dates to post soon.

Congrats to our pals in the band Runny who we hear had a very successful tour through New England last week.

I'm more excited every day to play Precinct in Somerville, MA, just outside of Boston, with our good friends in Plumerai on Saturday, March 28. That promises to be an amazing night.

I have been listening to a LOT of music lately...Interpol, Kings of Leon, R.E.M., U2, Bob Mould, and Sugar primarily. I got R.E.M.'s 2008 record Accelerate, Interpol's Antics, and Bob Mould's 2008 release District Line recently and I am seriously digging all of them. On his website Bob says he'll be releasing another record in April of this year and touring somewhat in support of it. I'm hoping I can catch him again with a full band. I saw him a few years back solo electric at the old Northsix in Brooklyn. It was an awesome show but I'd really like to see him with a band behind him.

I'm planning on heading out to see Renminbi at Glasslands in Brooklyn next Monday night and both my girlfriend Sarah's bands, Kate, Matt, Ben and Sarah and Snazz Mammoth will be performing at Parkside Lounge in Manhattan next Tuesday. Both will be pretty awesome shows, I think. I keep listening to and enjoying Renminbi's latest record The Phoenix. I've only seen them live once and they've been on a break from performing, so I'm psyched to see them again. Of course I'm biased, but I like Kate, Matt, Ben and Sarah and Snazz Mammoth more every time I see them. Really original, intricate songs played with some serious heart and passion. And an extremely attractive gal drawing amazing pastel drawings while the musicians play.

Thanks for reading, keep rockin.

No comments: